Share your OS, Distro, Desktop setup - (screenshots, photos)

using Linux mint as given by my university and logged just now to post some code for the Linux community. Using gnome shell and desperately need good wallpapers?. Any suggestion.

alles super,
Gaurav

1 Like

Is this vanilla Ubuntu? Sooo nice!

Lovely. Very similar to my desktops. I like the docked dash but I use Pop shell for the I3wm flow. I’m going to be trying Cosmic desktop next: https://blog.system76.com/post/closing-in-on-a-cosmic-alpha

https://wallpapersafari.com/ is one or you could get something like

1 Like

@hydn great thank you and i am not much of a customization person. I need a clean desktop, a great appealing wallpaper and most importantly a good font selection for better viewing and all the code editors and others. Rest, i dont do much customization. Previously had a small mac so used to change the font size everytime different while coding and then while error bug check or once in a month and now this is much bigger DELL laptop and i dont change font size anymore and i also have a bigger connecting screen making it easier. :slight_smile:

I will take a new later after sometime, saw a 15 inch, developer edition with 32 GB ram and 1 TB disk space :smiley: all nerd work :smiley: . searching all the time.

alles super,
Gaurav

1 Like

@hydn @tmick thank you for the link on the wallpapers and i looked at it and they are great. I will take one of them. :smile: was great to see that among featured people they are even mentioning single status and i didnt know that you can mention like that :smiley: . I use the adapta theme

adapta-gtk-theme

and tried some others also. Except coding background, i dont keep dark grounds as i dont like that. For coding i keep the dark background as that helps see better visualization. You all are well developers, so can understand this.

alles super,
Gaurav

1 Like

This is Ubuntu 23.10! The wallpaper is the album cover of the album “Imploding The Mirage” by The Killers.

1 Like

It is! I like my set-up to be clean :slight_smile: It’s funny, I used to be on Fedora and openSUSE, and feeling rather apprehensive towards Ubuntu (also driven by the kneejerk response to it by the community). However, it’s been pretty good for me, especially proprietary software such as MATLAB runs much smoother on it. The only thing I had to fix manually was to copy the Ubuntu Yaru colour themes to be used in Flatpak applications. The only thing that bothers me is that the Firefox Snap cannot open files stored in temporary storage (or something like it), I am not sure what is going on there. I assumed it had to do with the sandboxing that Snap applies. Anyway, pretty happy with it — I’ve been on Ubuntu for a while now.

@hydn thank you for suggesting the Pop! OS and i have decided to use the same. I was not even knowing this OS. alles super, Gaurav

Of course, I have to listen to this album while working today. Ha

Yw! @sablokgaurav Feel free to post a review in a new thread, it may get featured on the blog’s front page.

@andreas Ubuntu are angels compared to Red Hat. Right? lol

So as not to go too off-topic, here’s my desktop screenshot. (Win 10 on Dual-boot) This is a desktop rig dual-boot that runs also Kali + PHP_Shell):

With WSL it makes it easy to use Linux inside of Windows as we discussed.

Let me know what you think, hahah - The Killers are my absolute favourite band (but I don’t think Imploding The Mirage is my favourite album of theirs).

And regarding the Ubuntu vs whatever (or whatever vs whatever) discussion, it has just me realise how foolish it is. Just use whatever you like. :slight_smile:

@hydn thank you and i will do the same. alles super, Gaurav

@hydn i tried the pop os and it is great and it is loaded and packed with all the options and the key settings you need. Thank you for suggesting the same. I think it is best for the people with budget and also want a high end performing Linux.

alles super,
Gaurav

1 Like