Which distro/desktop for fractional scaling?

I just bought myself a 1440p 27 inch monitor and it looks really zoomed out.
Currently using Linux Mint, but the fractional scaling is not very good. I set it to 125% and everything is really blurry, totally unusable. 150% looks fine but it far too zoomed in.

Any suggestions for which distro/desktop to use in this case? Would prefer to stay Debian-based if possible.

Cinnamon 4.6 implemented fractional scaling. As far as I know, Debian doesn’t have any options to correct this. I have not looked into it far enough to be 100% certain though, maybe someone else here has.

Ubuntu and all GNOME-based distros have an option to patch fixes in for HI-DPI screens:

1 Like

I keep KDE Plasma as the best option for fractional scaling, but that is also blurry for me.
Right now I am using Gnome 43 and it scales quite nicely. There are other minor bugs with fractional scaling but overall I am happy.

1 Like

I will have to give this a try and see. I have also tried KDE Plasma but it doesn’t seem to work as intended, at least not on my end.

1 Like

That was my issue as well. For whatever reason, as mention, it remained blurry. Very annoying but I could not find a solution. Let me know how Gnome 43 works for you.

1 Like

Xfce and Deepin DE give you the options as well though I have not tested this myself.

It is worth trying if you need other options. Gnome 43 is probably going to be the best option overall and seems to be the most recommended from what I have read.

1 Like

Gnome 43 is responding just fine. I will have to make some adjustments but overall, the blurriness is gone and I am able to actually see a clear display.