What are you thoughts on NUC or "mini pcs"?

Did I miss a sale or something? Or are the HP prices much higher now?
https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/vwa/desktops/form=Mini,Small-form-factor;segm=Business,Home

1 Like

Oh WOW! :eyes: Looks high. I usually end up on Ebay around the 150 to 250 price point for the Lenovos.

I have a Lenovo M900 w/ 4-core i7 CPU, 32GB RAM, and some amount of disk space (I don’t use the local disk so I don’t care). I run ESXi on it, and I paid about $300 for it.

I love the idea of these 1L PCs, but $2.2k is more than I will spend on one. I haven’t spent that much on any single computer … ever. My 2015 MacBook Pro only cost $2k, and that is the most I have ever spent on a computer, in my entire life.

1 Like

I would easily recommend the NUC Intel Hades Canyon NUC 12 PRO. It has an Intel Core i7 processor and Intel Iris Xe graphics. It does general computer activities like Web browsing and office work without a glitch. The good part is that one can easily upgrade it’s RAM and storage to their taste.

For a moderate level performance PC, the Node 30 would be fine with it’s mid range GPU. I would love it because it is portable. However, it doesn’t come pre built. You should be comfortable with building your own PC switching to Node 30.

I do not think create your own PC is easy as you are mentionning in your thread. It needs someone has worked for a period on manufactors and having hardware experience. You cannot follow a tutorial on internet and hope it is working. I think you need to clarify this point either in a reply or separate thread Slys.