How to build a Home lab

Is that KDE4 DE? What resolution is that screen? :heart_eyes: Or are font just set tiny? :grin:

It is indeed a ridiculous resolution of 3840x2160 :smiley: Me old eyes need the fine detail.

1 Like

I can recommend the Cisco 1921 router a good router for CCNA and in general.

2 Likes

Cool setup. Is that cooling fan pushing in air or pulling out? How often do you have to clean out dust?

Same here, but it’s challenging figuring out where to start/what router, for example. There are soo many options regardless of budget.

1 Like

If you have AT&T Fiber internet, you cannot replace their hardware but check out this:

You can set up pass-through, this way you can use your own router/firewall setup.

I did… thats what lead me to your contact page haha. Even though its about 6 months old (the blog post) is it still relevant? Anything needing updating or?

1 Like

Hi @adam What type of internet connection do you have from your ISP? Fiber, cable, DSL, wireless?

The fiber gods have blessed me with Fiber but most everything is wifi around my home. Planning on running cats to the offices

1 Like

Pulling air out - no much dust as it’s in a closet. Not no dust, but very minimal :-).

1 Like

I’m going to need AT&T to upgrade me to a newer router :-p

1 Like