Where do you get your servers from?

Since @JustNick made the thread for server back-up solutions, I thought I would ask where everyone gets their servers from. I am curious to see what everyone here uses.

I’ve been a longtime customer of Vultr. I really like the performance of their servers and they have a great selection of one-click apps to install. Snapshots are also a great feature but have been slow to restore at times. Overall good in my opinion.

1 Like

Vultr is a good one but I recently moved to Hetzner for their cheaper prices. The performance is even better but the network might not be quite as good. As of now, I am happy with it but I may try something else in the near future.

2 Likes

Good question! Check out stacklinux.com need an invite or apply for with a high trafficked website but Stacklinux is the fastest of all these others… digitalocean.com, vultr.com, linode.com.

1 Like

Racknerd in California. $28/year for 3vcpu, 3.5ram and 50gb ssd, 7TB bandwidth. :+1:

I got mine on a Black Friday special 2 years ago. Great company and staff.

1 Like

I get mine built for me to my specification and built with Ubuntu - keep Windows away

1 Like

I’ve been a long time user of Linode which has served me well but it is getting a little too expensive now. I am on the $40 plan and the next step up is $80. I am thinking of migrating somewhere else. Looking for 16 gb of RAM for less than $80 - any suggestions?

2 Likes

I have two VMs at DigitalOcean. The other suggestions above are all good ones as well.

1 Like

Take a look at BuyVM. I’ve used them for a few projects and the performance has been great every time. I really like that you get dedicated CPU cores for as little as $15 a month. I think the $45 or $60 plan would be good upgrade for you. You get 12 GB on the $45 and 16 GB on the $60.

1 Like

I discovered Webdock recently and currently use their Ryzen offering. The performance is insanely good for what you pay.

20GB of memory + 20 CPU threads for $20/month is crazy. Though that’s only for the Xeon using LXD, not KVM. Still, it’s pretty great.

1 Like

I was looking into some of these companies and I am more open-minded about trying other options than I was prior to posting this thread. Interesting! I may be needing another server in the near future so I think I may try one of these companies and see how it goes. Great responses everyone!

Yeah, there’s lots of good options out there. I have friends who have VMs and also hosted systems, which I think is cool, but isn’t something I need right now.