Webpc: Personal cloud desktop in your browser

Originally published at: Webpc: Personal cloud desktop in your browser

We want to share with you our product, Webpc – A personal cloud desktop that focuses on privacy and simplicity. It’s a perfect use case if you want to test some code, run apps in a remote environment, or want to add an extra layer of security and privacy without spinning up a VM. Webpc…

2 Likes

Alex, thanks for sharing Webpc with our community, for the generous 15% discount and some free hours for Patrons. Webpc is fantastic and it will be great watching how it continues to evolve!

Thank you for the share :+1:
Will look into it

Thanks for sharing, do they give you a choice of Distros? The one shown in the Demo is kinda Windows-ish.

1 Like

Hey, currently we only offer Ubuntu 20.04 with xfce4 Gnome environment.

If you have any preferences or suggestions I would love to listen. If you guys want other distros or desktop environments it will not take long to implement.

I know choices are a bit opinionated right now…

2 Likes

This looks really cool. Im actually more interested with the VPN service. Bookmarked! :ok_hand:

1 Like

So is that what Ubuntu comes with is xfce by Default? The personal Cloud thing might be a way to try different Desktops and Windows managers without screwing up a perfectly good system and not having to mess with Virtual machines (if your computer isn’t that powerful). Do they charge per machine created?

1 Like

Its a good solution if you want to keep some applications remote. Can be a browser, code editor, discord and so on. Nope we use xfce as its light on the system and doesnt consume too many resources.

Yep we only charge per machine per hour

1 Like

I tried to use this tonight but the payment portal isn’t working. Still active?

It’s broken for me also

Hi, this is strangle, maybe its blocked in some countries? we are using Stripe and coinpayments

1 Like