This is a Wiki post; a wiki post is a special type of post that any member of our community can edit!
Join me in editing and populating this Wiki post by sharing tools, scripts, cheat sheets, etc., that you frequently refer to or have saved to your bookmarks.
Config provisioning & management
- Ansible - open-source software provisioning, config management, and app-deployment tool.
- Timeshift - System restore tool for Linux.
- HashBackup - encrypted, deduplicated, compressed backups.
- Bench-scripts - A compilation of Linux server benchmarking scripts.
- rootkit hunter - Checks for root kits and removes them.
- fail2ban - Daemon to ban hosts that cause multiple authentication errors.
- ConfigServer Firewall - free firewall and login failure detection for multiple Linux distros.
- atop - System and process monitor for Linux.
- btop - A monitor of resources.
- Cockpit - Cockpit is a web-based graphical interface for servers.
- Glances - A top/htop alternative for Linux, BSD, Mac and Windows.
- Cacti - Web-based network monitoring and graphing tool.
- check_mk - Collection of extensions for Nagios.
- Monit - Small Open Source utility for managing and monitoring Unix systems.
- Munin - Networked resource monitoring tool.
- Nagios - Computer system, network and infrastructure monitoring software application.
- Zabbix - Enterprise-class software for monitoring of networks and applications.
- micro - A modern and intuitive terminal-based text editor.
- Awesome-sysadmin - A curated list of amazingly awesome open source sysadmin resources.
- Openvpn-install - OpenVPN installer.
Goaccess - real-time web log analyzer and interactive viewer via web browser.
Matomo - free, open source alternative to Google Analytics.
Feel free to jump in and edit this Wiki-post. Simply edit to add listing(s) then add your @uersname to the ‘Editors’
I think with all of us “putting heads together” as it were, we will be able to discover even more great tools, solutions and resources!