Linux command-line system monitoring tools

Scan the articles below to find useful Linux command line tools and content:

7 Likes

Oh man I needed this. thanks!

You are most welcome. Glad to know it’s useful. I will continue to add sub-articles to each command.

1 Like

What about

1 Like

Hi, @sgtnasty. Awesome to have you join us and the discussions. :handshake:

Oh man I needed this. thanks!

1 Like

Let us know if you have any questions. :handshake:

Thanks for the 101 Linux Commands. It is going to assist greatly as I am still very blue on these subjects, and I love this systems. I have thus far downloaded and are using 3 versions, ie Makulu Linux, PoP!, Linux mint, and Manjaro. I Am actually testing them out until I find one I like the most but thus far they are all great. I Have Ubuntu a well but like the linux side of the fence.!

1 Like

You know, I’ve never heard of Makulu Linux. Glad you shared that. I’m reading about it now. Let us know which distros you end up liking most.

1 Like

I Certainly will keep you up to date. Quite nice actually. Has a lot to do with AI. I read that you like PoP1 OS. as a matter of fact, loaded pop! yesterday on to its own HDD and I must say it appears like a winner thus far. Since I started with Ubuntu Linux, I have been using Linux Cinnamon Mint, presently Vanessa. The adventure is chasing me. Thanks and have a great day, evening here in South Africa,Sun has just set.

1 Like

Let me share a few uncommon command -line systems monitoring tools I know.

1. iotop
    This is used to find out processes that are using disk the most in real time.
  2. bmon: This one would give details of bandwidth usage. It would show usage statistics of each and every interfaces

Thanks. However, if you click on the articles. These are already listed. :slight_smile: