How can I get my music onto my iPod?

So I have been needing to use my laptop for this since it uses Windows. I want to move away from Windows completely but I can’t manage my music on my iPod without it right now. I have tried a few different options but none seem to work properly for me in Linux. I even tried using Wine to launch the iTunes app/program but it would not work.

I use CopyTrans on Windows which allows me to manage folders and everything. I need something like this on Linux. Not sure if my distro matters but I am on Fedora.

I have tried Floola and Rhythmbox for my iPhone and neither would work. I also tried an older iPod I have and again, couldn’t get it to function right. I did however have success with aTunes. Depending on your distro, it can be a pain in the butt to get getting though.

1 Like

Rhythmbox is meant to work but I have heard of people having issues with it. I did try it and have not been able to get it working. I also tried Floola as well and the program wouldn’t connect to my iPod. I will give aTunes a go. That one I have not tried.

The best bet would be to use a Linux native application and the easiest one I would recommend for you is GTKPod. With it, you can easily connect your iPod to browse the music stored on your iPod as well as copy them to your computer. It is very intuitive and can easily run on Fedora Gnome and other desktops.